Deveron Valley Cottages Ltd terms and conditions
Bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions.
- A contract between you and the owner will come into existence when payment is received and a booking confirmation is issued showing the confirmed holiday dates. The contract binds you and all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms and conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract and loss of the booking.
- A £100 deposit is required to secure your holiday if you are booking direct, and is payable at the time of reservation.
- The balance must be paid no later than six weeks before the commencement of your holiday If the balance is not received by the due date, then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation and you will remain liable to pay the balance of the cost.
- Bookings made less than six weeks before your arrival date will be required to be paid in full on receipt of confirmation.
- All cancellations must be notified in writing. If you cancel your holiday less than a week before it is due to start, then your full payment is forfeit. ( covid restrictions exemptions apply)
- We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance to cover cancellations. If you choose not to, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- Your booking will not be cancelled by the owner except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
- No parties or events – the maximum number of persons using the accommodation overnight must not exceed the agreed number on the booking confirmation form.
- We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
- If you are having visitors at short notice, please notify us if they are staying overnight.There is an additional charge of £30 per person per night.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
- The owner reserves the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
- We or our representatives reserve the right to enter the property at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
- Tenancies normally commence at 3pm unless otherwise agreed and guests are required to vacate the rental by 10am on the day of departure. This allows the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for incoming guests.
- Vaping or smoking anywhere inside the premises will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by smoking will be at the expense of the guest.
- Dogs -Only 2 dogs are allowed at one time unless previously arranged.
-Please don’t let dogs onto the furniture, especially sofas and beds.
-Guests are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs.
-Please do not leave dogs unattended in the property unless in their crates. And only for a short period.
-We have 11 acres for you and your dogs to enjoy. At certain times of the year we may ask you to keep them on a lead because of wildlife and farm animals giving birth.
-You are welcome to let your dogs (unless otherwise requested) off their leads as long as they are under control and well behaved.
- In making a booking you accept responsibility for any breakage, damage or theft caused by you, pets or any member of your party and agree to indemnify us in full for any loss that we may incur as a result.
- Damages and breakages – please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. If you notice something is missing or damaged in your accommodation, please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there has been any damage or breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could report them promptly, especially before check-out. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday and you may be charged for any loss or damage.
- Please do not move any furniture from one room to another.
- Please lock the doors when the property is unattended.
- Please make sure you switch off lights, heating, air conditioning or any electrical appliances when you go out – we’re an eco-friendly holiday home.
- Please don’t take any bath towels with you to the beach.
- The owner reserves the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the property in an unacceptable condition upon check-out.
- Please note that if any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
- The client may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
- The owner shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building.
- No compensation will be given for any temporary outage of electricity, gas, water, internet connection or television service.
- The owners are not responsible for the loss of any personal belongings or valuables of the guests.
- All inventory must remain in the property and not be taken to another property.
- Please park your vehicles in the designated parking space, ensuring cars do not block access to other properties.
- Please respect other guests and try to keep noise levels to a minimum, especially between 11 pm and 8 am.
- We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
- Barbecue – please use the designated barbecue utensils and clean the barbecue after use.
- Candles are not allowed inside the house.
- Check-out – due to recent events arising from Covid 19 we are asking guests to strip the beds (including mattress protectors and pillow protectors) before they leave and where possible open all windows.
- Any problem or complaint which the guest may have concerning their holiday must be immediately reported directly to us/our representatives and we will endeavour to put matters right.
- We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
- This property is privately owned and is our home. We expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house.
Other helpful information such as emergency contact details, and recycling information is included in your information book.
We hope you have a lovely holiday and thanks for booking with us
Ally Cairns and Jason Gardiner (owners)